AI - Background Info | AI Characteristics | Testing and Evaluating AI | Implications of AI
Characteristics of Artificial Intelligence
In order for something to be considered an "Artificial Intelligence," there are a few different characteristics that are required...
Some of these characteristics include the following abilities:
- The ability to act intelligently, as a human.
- The ability to behave following "general intelligent action."
- The ability to artificially simulate the human brain.
- The ability to actively learn and adapt as a human.
- The ability to process language and symbols.
As can be seen from just these few examples, Artificial Intelligence primarily concerns the ability for a computer to mimic human intelligence. That is its key characteristic.